The Shining Table: The True Magic that is Love and Care

I just love the feeling of this table (yes i know, a Hanakuh table in june, but hey it fits lol). Love and care from the homekeeper truly do make the home SHINE. This keeper's new "manifesto", thanks to Elise's posting:

Let me show loving care this day in the cleaning of my house, the buying of my stores, the cooking of my meals.
Let me show loving care this day in the tending of my linen, the tidying of my cupboards, the doing of my flowers.
Let me show loving care in the freshness of my person and the neatness and niceness of my clothes.

From the beginning of homemaking in modest tents on the sand, women have served their families, and their guests.
From the beginning of homemaking in simple homes of baked mud, women have whitewashed and scrubbed, and set out their pretty things.
From the beginning of more comfortable houses, with handwoven carpets and furniture of cunnng craftsmanship, women have kept open house.

May Christ be my guest this day.

--Rita Snowden from A Woman's Book of Prayers

(Image source unknown)

Blog Archive