A Shabbas Table: Cherishing Ancientness

I remind myself of the days of old,
I reflect on all your works,
I meditate once more on the work of your hands.
I stretch out my arms to you,
I stretch out my soul, like a land without water.

Psalm 143: 5-6


Good Shabbas everyone, and Blessed Sabbath as well : )

Something about keeping Shabbat, rather than keeping the Sunday Sabbath alone, reminds that ancientness and it's youngness are just as sacred as what evolves later. I keep thinking of this in terms of Jesus and Mary as well, looking at them as children. There is just something so moving about this, it is where i feel drawn again and again.

Just love this passage from the beautiful holy card blog
He Gently Leads Us:

"Jesus came into the world as an infant, conceived by the Holy Spirit in the womb of the Virgin Mary. He could have suddenly appeared full grown at the age of 30 as a perfect human being ready to start His public life... He chose instead to become one of us, through all the stages of growth that we experience also.

In that way, He is accessible to all humanity in whatever age or form is most comfortable to each individual.

Jesus as a child is no less God, than Jesus as a man."

Good Shabbas, and a Blessed Sabbath : )

(Images from He Gently Leads Us, from
here and here)

Blog Archive